The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch through Friday evening, with heavy snow possible in the Puget Sound region including Tacoma, Fife and Pierce County.
Things to know:
- Tribal Administration will announce any decisions of a two-hour late start or closure by 7 a.m. Early dismissals will be announced as soon as they are decided.
- Communicate with your supervisor if the inclement weather prevents you from reporting to work in-person or teleworking . They will let you know if you are eligible for Paid Administrative Leave.
- Departments providing 24/7 services such as Elders and Police will continue operating through any shutdowns.
- Call the Inclement Weather Hotline: (253) 680-5700
- Watch for announcements on www.PuyallupTribe-nsn.gov
Things to remember:
- Check the weather before traveling, https://www.weather.gov/sew/
- Turn off outdoor water sources, like garden hoses, to prevent bursting pipes.
- Stock up on groceries and supplies – it may take time for stores to re-stock.
- Carry chains or other traction devices and be prepared to put them on. Make sure windows are clear and the snow is removed from the entire car.
- For school closures and delays, call their inclement weather hotline and check their website.
- Road closures and snow plow routes can be found online, https://www.cityoftacoma.org/inclement_weather