The intent of the Preschool Assistance Program is to aid Puyallup Tribal member and non-Puyallup Tribal member parents (with Tribal member children) with monetary assistance to attend an accredited or licensed preschool which provides a learning environment that centers on intellectual, physical, social and emotional development, thereby providing children with the initial fundamental tools needed to become academically successful.
Tribal Services Planner:
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
3009 E. Portland Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98404
Main Contact Number:
P: (253) 573-7903
F: (253) 573-7886
Maximum Funding Provided
- Funding cannot exceed $1,000 per year. Any amount over the maximum amount will be the responsibility of the parent (October-September).
- Applicant must be an enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians;
- If the parent is not an enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe, they must provide documentation indicating primary custody of Puyallup Tribal member child and sign W-9;
- Child must be a Puyallup Tribal member between the ages of 3-5;
- Preschool must be an accredited or licensed facility;
- Preschool must provide acceptance letter, invoice and W-9.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Puyallup Tribe Preschool Assistance Program Applications, Policies and Procedures can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.