Our mission is to empower individuals to become healthy and stable through culturally sensitive collaboration with family and community members.
Our vision is to honor individuals and families through love and respect by providing accessible resources in a safe and trusting environment that returns community members to the traditional ways of helping each other to develop and achieve their goals.
We believe that our team should offer services that treat all individuals and each other in a non-judgmental, empathetic, and innovative manner that upholds confidentiality.
Intakes and Referrals
To do an intake or referral, you may call or walk-in to the Wrap Around Program.
To do a referral from another program, you may call or walk-in to the Wrap Around Program, or we can also supply you with our referral form.
“It’s always too early to quit and it’s never too late to start.” – Norman Peale
Who Can Receive Wrap Around?
You must be:
- Enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians, parent or guardian of an enrolled child of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians or individual married to an enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians
- Actively participating in our program.
You must live in:
- Pierce County
- Thurston County
- King County
There are 10 principals that guide this process that have been shown to be effective in tribal communities.
- Family Voice & Choice
- Team Based
- Natural Supports
- Home and Community Based
- Culturally Relevant
- Strength Based
- Outcome Based
Our Wrap Around staff assist in locating and obtaining a wide array of resources including:
- Crisis Assistance
- Child Care
- Managing of Your Home
- Accessing Food
- Assisting with Child Welfare Case Plan
- Quashing a Warrant or Other Legal Issues
- Collaborating with Multiple Puyallup Tribal Social Services Programs
- Collaborating with Outside Social Service Programs
- Learning More about Your Culture
- We will do a voluntary intake with you to find out some general information about you and discuss what goals you have for the program.
- We will go through the screening process to make sure you are eligible for the program.
- We will work with you to create your own support team. You will identify people in your life who care about you and who are helpful to you. These people can include family, friends or social service providers.
- Your team will meet and work with you on discovering your strengths to help you reach your goals. We will all work together to help get you to where you want to be.
- We will check in with the plan every once in awhile to see how the program is going for you and reevaluate the goals we set to see if they still meet your needs.
- After you feel comfortable with the outcome of your goals, we will meet with your team to discuss the completion of the Wrap Around Program.