Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
3009 E Portland Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98404
P: (253) 573-7863
F: (253) 573-7963
We are so thrilled you are interested in being a part of our team!
Why work for the Puyallup Tribe of Indians?
As a government, we have an array of career opportunities. We are looking for team members that want to contribute to the continued development of all tribal resources and opportunities within the Puyallup Reservation and the Medicine Creek Treaty Territories. As council members have stated before, every team member, here at The Puyallup Tribe of Indians, is just as important as the next. It takes all of us to uphold our mission.
“The Puyallup Tribe of Indians is committed to protecting and exercising the inherent inalienable sovereign rights of the Tribe and individuals in the interest of the Medicine Creek Treaty Territories, as stewards to ensure the preservation of our culture and environmental integrity for common good and prosperity of all.”
The Puyallup Tribe is known as Generous and Welcoming to All and that includes taking care of our employees.
Benefits for Full Time Employees
In addition to competitive salary, The Puyallup Tribe provides a very generous employees’ benefits package including, but not limited to, employer paid medical (Permera), dental (Permera or Willamette), vision (VSP), life insurance ($10,000 paid by employer), retirement/401k plan with profit sharing, EAP, ample paid time off, a copious holiday schedule, and birthday leave+
“I’ve been facilitating interviews, for all government positions, for the past three years. A common question interviewees ask is, “What is your favorite thing about working here?” And the most popular response, from hiring managers and panel members, is the work/home life balance the tribe has created. Family comes first here, it’s a rare “benefit” many other employers do not support.” – Recruiting Specialist at the Puyallup Tribe of Indians
Types of Jobs We Hire for
We offer many career opportunities including Law Enforcement, Early Childhood Education, Social Services, Hunting/Wilf Life, Culture, Technologies, Tribal Court, Maintenance, HR, Finance, and many more. Whether you are just starting in the work force or have many years of experience, we have positions at every level.
Native Hiring Preference
Native American preference applies and job placements are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Because of the large number of applications received and limited job positions, your application will not guarantee employment.
- If you are using a PC, use Internet Explorer. If you are using a MAC, use Safari.
- Upload additional documents (resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, proof of Indian blood, etc.) to the resume tab as one (1) PDF file or email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add them to your online application. Please send in copies of any degrees or certificates that you have been awarded.
- Indian Hiring Preference – send in the appropriate documentation for the category you select. If you have any questions about the hiring preference policy or what document to send in, email us at email@example.com or call (253) 573-7863.
- Provide 3+ references (we cannot obtain references from direct family members – mother, father, grandparents, sisters, brothers, or children and this includes in laws). One reference must be your most recent supervisor. We prefer the rest of your references to include co-workers, subordinates, or other supervisors, but we can accept a personal reference from someone who is familiar with your work ethic, habits, and attendance. You can send in letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To add more employment, education, references, etc., click on the small + sign at the top right corner of the page.
- When entering salaries, only use numbers. Do not use any other characters (such as , . or $)
- After you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive an email, please call the office to confirm submission.