The intent of the Puyallup Tribe’s Natural Disaster Assistance Program is to provide monetary assistance and/or shelter support to Tribal members when a natural disaster occurs such as floods, severe wind or snow storms, hurricanes, mud slides, tsunamis, earthquakes, tornados and fire.
3009 E. Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Dennis Young, Director of Public Safety
Jason Dillon, Assistant Director
Applicant must be:
• Puyallup Tribe member 18 years and older;
• Primary residence of the applicant, provide verification;
• Apply within 2 weeks of disaster;
• Provide documentation of natural disaster from official agency;
• Residence must be deemed unlivable for no less than 48 hours.
Any structural damage caused by fire accident (rental units) is the responsibility of the landlord.
Unlivable: Applicant cannot reside in unit for more than 48 hours based on damage;
Unit Inaccessible: Applicant is evacuated from their primary unit and not allowed entry by officials.
Assistance: Financial and Hotel Stay
Financial: Family Size
- 1-2 Puyallup Tribal members $500;
- 3-4 Puyallup Tribal members $1,000;
- 5 or more $1,500 and additional $1,000 will be granted if primary residence is completely unlivable and will be assessed by Public Safety Director or other official agency. Hotel Stay (weather related evacuations only):
- If you live within the boundaries of the Puyallup Tribe and your primary unit is located in an evacuation area deemed inaccessible by a Council Determination Report. Applicant qualifies for hotel stay at Emerald Queen Casino at no cost to applicant or if rooms are not available, Council may issue hotel vouchers at a rate equal or less than the rate of the EQC.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Natural Disaster Assistance Applications and Policies and Procedures can be found here.
Please Note: policies are subject to change during the course of the year.