The intent of the Child Care Assistance Program is to aid Puyallup Tribal members/guardians of Tribal member children (0-12 years of age; or 16 years of age with documented disability) with the cost of full-time, part-time (amount will be prorated), after-school and summer child-care.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
1423 E. 29th Street Suite 235, Tacoma, WA 98404
3009 E. Portland Ave Tacoma, WA 98404
Contact: Valerie Scott, Tribal Services Planner
P: (253) 573-7903
F: (253) 573-7886
Monthly monetary assistance is up to $500 per child per month and is based on $3.12 per hour that your child is in care, plus $100 base for licensed child care providers and $50 for non-licensed providers. Child care amount cannot exceed $500 per child per month. This amount will be prorated if working part-time. In addition registration fees will be considered once per fiscal year.
Child Care Facilities Requirements
Child Care Facilities can be:
- Licensed Child Care Provider; or
- Non-Licensed Provider
- Therapeutic Child-care: up to $800 per child per month. Provider must be licensed in this area. Applicant and Non Licensed Providers must: be working or going to school during non-standard hours: example: 6:00 pm-6:00 am – regular job or 3:00-10:00 pm for college classes.
- Fill out and sign Health and Safety checklist and Non-Licensed Provider section;
- Provide current CPR and First Aid Cards;
- Fill out W-9;
- Fill out criminal background check form and submit originals with CCAP application.
- Parent requesting non-licensed providers must sign and notarize the Release of Waiver of Liability Agreement in Favor of the Puyallup Tribe. Applicant must be (whichever is applicable):
- Must be a Puyallup Tribal member or Guardian of an enrolled Puyallup Tribal member (must have court order or other verifiable documentation);
- Both parents must be employed, unless one parent is attending school or in training on a full- time basis while the other parent is working to receive childcare benefit. Verification is required;
- Self-employment applicants can also qualify for childcare assistance, must provide verification;
- ICW/CSP clients who are working on their Voluntary Service Plan or Court ordered plan can qualify with written approval from PTCS documenting need and timeframe of assistance;
- Applicants with medical condition must provide documentation from physician indicating the need for childcare while undergoing treatment and duration.
Puyallup Tribe of Indians Child Care Assistance Applications and Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address.
Please Note: Policies and procedures are subject to change during the course of the year.