The Adult Services Department assesses the needs of Puyallup Tribal Vulnerable Adults and their caregivers or guardians, and coordinates care across multiple service providers for access to appropriate resources and to promote the health, safety, and quality of life of Puyallup Tribal Vulnerable Adults.
The Adult Protective Services (APS) receives and investigates allegations of abuse (physical, mental, sexual and personal exploitation), abandonment, neglect, financial exploitation, and self-neglect of vulnerable adults living in their own homes and in facilities.
Our vision is that every Puyallup Tribal elder, adult with disabilities, and their family members have access to information, programs, and services to help them be safe and thrive in the setting of their choice.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
1423 E 29th St, Suites 333-334
Tacoma, WA 98404
P: (253) 382-6380
F: (253) 573-7928
Contact for Assistance:
Maria West, Investigator/Social Worker: (253) 381-0787
Harmony Roebuck, Investigator/Social Worker: (253) 722-6641
Applicant must be:
- Enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians;
- Elder: 55 years of age or older whose ability to perform the normal activities for daily living or to provide for his or her own protection is impaired due to a physical disability or kidney dialysis; or
- Vulnerable Adult: 18 years of age or older whose ability to perform normal activities of daily living or to provide for his or her own protection is impaired due to mental illness, physical or developmental disability (must have functional or mental limitations).
- Must have a medical diagnosis
Welcome to the Vulnerable Adult Case Management Program. Our dedicated team at Adult Services specializes in providing essential non-medical care services to disabled individuals with physical conditions and cognitive disabilities. With a focus on personalized assistance, we work closely with clients and their families to ensure a comfortable and supportive environment within the client’s own home or adult family home.
Our services encompass a range of valuable offerings, including:
- Comprehensive Mental Health Assessments
- Psychological and Social Support: We prioritize the well-being of vulnerable adult Tribal members, ensuring they remain connected to the Tribe and its functions, minimizing isolation. Our staff coordinates tailored activities and engagement opportunities in collaboration with providers.
- Legal Safeguarding: We take proactive measures to protect vulnerable adults, utilizing both voluntary and involuntary avenues such as representative payees, guardianships, and protection orders. In cases where no willing family member is available, we offer professional guardianship services.
- Reliable Transportation Services
- Adult Family Home and In-Home Care: We provide compassionate care and respite options, offering support to both clients and their families.
- Convenient Shopping and Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping and Laundry Assistance
- Expert Coordination of Medical, Mental Health, Dental, and Optical Appointments
- Medication Reminders
At Vulnerable Adult Case Management, we are committed to enhancing the quality of life for those we serve by addressing their unique needs and facilitating their continued involvement in the community.
Welcome to the Adult Protective Services Program at Adult Services. Our team is dedicated to safeguarding the well-being of vulnerable adults by investigating reported allegations of abuse, neglect, abandonment, and other concerning conditions.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Thorough Investigation: We diligently assess reported cases of abuse, neglect, abandonment, and conditions requiring attention, including those related to mental or physical handicaps.
- Expert Case Disposition: We provide social information essential for case resolution, including recommendations for alternative treatment resources.
- Court-Ordered Placement: We offer court-ordered placement services both before and after adjudication, ensuring the safety and well-being of individuals.
- Collaborative Community Coordination: We work in close partnership with community and tribal services, agencies, groups, and facilities to ensure comprehensive support.
- Holistic Well-Being Evaluation: Our team evaluates social conditions impacting the well-being of tribal members, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of their needs.
- Integrated Social Services: We collaborate with other tribal social service departments to identify available assistance resources, aiding individuals, families, and the elderly in resolving social challenges.
- Safety-Focused Approach: In cases of alleged or substantiated abuse, neglect, or exploitation, we coordinate with law enforcement and tribal courts to ensure victim safety through temporary placement outside the home during investigations.
- Life-Threatening Situations: Social services workers have the authority to involve law enforcement to remove individuals from life-threatening situations.
- Comprehensive Referrals: Following assessments, we provide necessary social services within the home while also coordinating referrals to other relevant programs and services.
At Adult Protective Services, we are dedicated to promoting the safety, well-being, and dignity of vulnerable adults within our community through diligent investigations, collaborative support, and compassionate care.
Welcome to the Victim Support Services Program, a collaborative initiative involving various Puyallup Tribal Departments under the auspices of the Office of Victims of Crime grant. Our mission is to cultivate a safe and secure tribal community where the well-being of all our members is revered, and lives are lived without fear.
We offer assistance and support to victims of various crimes, including but not limited to:
- Child Abuse (physical and/or sexual)
- Dating Violence
- Domestic Violence
- Elder Abuse/Exploitation/Abandonment/Neglect
- Survivors of Homicide
- Missing Persons/Kidnapping
- Labor Trafficking
- Sexual Assault
- Sex Trafficking
Our comprehensive services include:
- Swift Emergency Assistance
- Empathetic Victim Advocacy
- Supportive Medical Advocacy
- Informed Legal Advocacy
- Compassionate Counseling Services
- Reliable Transportation Services
- Relevant Referrals to Additional Support
- Engaging Community Education and Outreach
- Expert Assistance in Filing for Victim of Crimes Program Compensation
At Victim Support Services, we are committed to walking alongside victims on their journey to healing, empowerment, and justice. Our array of resources and dedicated support aims to help victims navigate the aftermath of traumatic experiences and regain a sense of safety and well-being within the tribal community.
- Community Education & Outreach
- Information & Referral Services
- Adult Guardianships & Reviews
- Mental Health Assessments
- Adult Family Homes and Respite Care
- Caregiver Services (include but not limited to):
- Personal care: bathing, personal hygiene, dressing, grooming, toileting;
- Meal planning and preparation;
- Light Housekeeping;
- Transfers and positioning;
- Medication assistance;
- And Welfare checks.
- Complete an intake form with an Adult Services Social Worker.
- Sign a release of information to obtain medical health information, if necessary, to help determine eligibility and coordinate care.
- Agree to participate in a mental health assessment if needed.
Report Abuse: Fill out and submit an APS referral form or make a telephone call to the investigator.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Adult Services Program Application and Policies and Procedures can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.