Wednesday, July 17
Puyallup Tribe hosts the Canoe Welcoming Event for Paddle to Lummi 2019.
Location: 4224 Marine View Dr. Tacoma WA 98422
- 1 p.m. Canoe Arrival
- 5 p.m. Dinner will be served
- 5:30 p.m. Protocol starts
- The campsite will held at the Youth Center
- Please bring your own chairs for the event
- Protocol starts with representatives of the tribe that has traveled the farthest
- Contact Angeline Totus for vendors regarding space and location
- Booths and vendors must clear the space when the event is finished
- Connie McCloud is the main contact regarding the Canoe Journey: (253) 389-8729
Employee volunteer information:
- All employees must have the approval of their director or supervisor while volunteering for the Canoe Welcoming event during working hours.
- Please fill out the attached form and submit it to Angeline Totus (253) 680-5681
- For accounting purposes please include the volunteer approval from your supervisor reflected on your timesheet.
Thursday, July 18
Puyallup Tribe Canoe Family will be leaving from the Canoe Landing site at 5:30 a.m.
Then arriving to Alki Beach in Seattle at 1 p.m.